Monday, October 7, 2013

Dear Precious Little One...


Dear Precious Little One,

We haven't met you yet and have no idea when you will join our family.  But we trust God and know that He'll bring you to us at the perfect time.  We can't wait to welcome you into our family with unconditional love.

I've prayed for you, thought of you, and dreamed of you a million times.  Waiting is hard on this mommy.  I've written letters to you in my head so many times, so I thought I should put one on paper in case you ever wonder.

Our whole family is praying for you.  Your big brother often asks us when a baby brother or sister will come to our family.  Our friends and family often ask us if we've heard anything new and let us know they are praying too.  We pray for you in the morning when we get up, when we sit down to eat, when we walk past your bedroom, at bedtime, and so many other times throughout the day.

Please know that we are praying for your First Momma too.  Every day.  She's facing/faced tough, heart wrenching choices.  It breaks my heart that your arrival to our family will send me over the moon with joy will at the same time likely be one of the toughest days of your First Momma's life.  She loves you.  If you ever wonder, she loves you.

Precious One, please talk to your Dad and I in the future when you are filled with questions, pain or sorrow in the future.  Life is hard and adoption is a unique way to start your journey.  We are here for you, no matter what and we love you with our whole hearts, in case you ever wonder.

Love,
Mom


Family waiting and praying to adopt
 


This letter is something I wrote in my journal back in August that I wanted to share.  Please continue to pray for us.  Also feel free to share our profile or website to help spread the word that we are hoping to adopt... you never know if a friend of a friend might be considering adoption. 

Blessings Friends!

5 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! I think everyone who has or is waiting to adopt will be able to identify with your letter. I pray that your wait is not too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You express the waiting and the mixed feelings so well. Praying for your perfect match x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista,
    YES! I wrote in a journal for both my children (one biological, one adopted) and am so thankful. The journal entries, according to readers, are some of the most touching points in my book - especially to waiting parents. How long have you been waiting? I think that The Wait is the most enlightening and difficult part of the adoption journey. I'd love to send you an e-copy of my book. You can read about it on my website www.jodydyer.com. If you'd like a copy, email me at jdyer415@yahoo.com. God bless you and your baby on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Forgot to give you the book title: The Eye of Adoption. You can read excerpts on Amazon.com, too.

      Delete
  4. Oh this post made me cry. Yes, dear precious little one … you're right, one family's happiness mixed with another family's loss is the hardest part to reconcile. Fingers crossed that your precious little one is on his/her way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...