Friday, February 14, 2014

Five Minute Fridays: Garden

This week I'm again participating in Five Minute Fridays hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker, encouraging bloggers to write on a prompt unedited for five minutes.  This week's prompt: Garden

GO

My 5 year old had a question about the garden.

Not the garden in the backyard covered in 2 feet of snow.

At preschool they had been reading about creation and the first garden.

"In the garden before the fruit and having to leave, could they [Adam and Eve] leave if they wanted to?"

In all honesty the question caught be off guard, coming at me in the midst of so many other unrelated questions (how many days is a million minutes?).  I answered the best I could.  I told him I wasn't sure... I said I thought they probably could leave, but that God made the garden so wonderful they wouldn't have wanted to leave.

I didn't think more about the conversation until I saw this prompt.

Pondering it further, it hit me.  God gives us the best part of the first garden -- His Presence.  But so often I don't take full advantage of his garden gift.  He is always ready to meet me where I'm at with His love, regardless of the season, in the midst of my mess, or the crazy of the day.

Now as I gaze out at my snow covered garden, longing for the days of spring to return, I can use it as one more way to remind myself He is near, His presence is love, and all I need to do is walk in to His garden.


STOP

Today, I am linking once again with the passionate and loving Five Minute Friday community, hosted each week by Lisa-Jo Baker. As I mentioned prompt for this post was “garden” but for an extra special reason. Please click on garden and head over to Lisa-JoBaker.com and read about a beautiful opportunity to make a difference in the world, starting with a garden…

Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Thanks for that great illustration. Our children are so good and getting us to think!

    Visiting from FMF!

    Love, Traci Michele @Ordinary Inspirations

    Here's my post:

    http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2014/02/garden-five-minute-friday.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...